Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: What do you Think?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    What do you Think?

    WHAT'S ALL THE FUSS?

    "Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11,
    2001? Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan, as well as across the Potomac from our nation's capitol and in addition a field in Pennsylvania? Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or didn't they?

    And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was "desecrated" when an overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet? Well, I don't.

    I don't care at all!

    I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden is but on trial, found quilty and executed for incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.

    I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime in Saudi Arabia.

    I'll care when Abu Musab al-Zarqawi tells the world he is sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling, slashed throat.

    I'll care when the cowardly so-called "insurgents" in Iraq come out and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in mosques.

    I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of nirvana (or Allah's Paradise) care about the innocent children within range of their suicide bombs.

    I'll care when the American media stops pretending that their First Amendment liberties are somehow derived from international law instead of the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights.

    I'll care when judges stop ordering my government to release photos of the abuses at Abu Ghraib, which are sure to set off the Islamic extremists just as Newsweek's lies did a few weeks ago.

    In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave marine roughing up an Iraqi terrorist to obtain information, know this: I don't care.

    When I see a fuzzy photo of a pile of naked Iraqi prisoners who have been humiliated in what amounts to a college hazing incident, rest assured that I don't care.

    When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank that I don't care.

    When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and fed "special" food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being "mishandled," you can absolutely believe in your heart of hearts that I don't care.

    And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled "Koran" and other times "Quran." Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and -- you guessed it -- I don't care!"

    Written by Pam Foster and sent by Robert L. Evans

    (Come to think of it I don't care either. OK? GOD BLESS THE USA AND MAY THE ISLAMIC TERRORISTS GET WHAT THEY DESERVE. and it is refreshing to see someone take a patriotic stance instead of a politically correct one.)
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  2. #2
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What do you Think?

    Amen to that !!!!! I just recently watched a 9-11 special the other night and it still gives me chills . I believe too many people have short memories these days .
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  3. #3
    Inactive Member triodevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2005
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What do you Think?

    And amen to your post. Waging a successful war on terrorism isn't going to happen in a short period. It'll take lots of sacrifice to prevent global terrorist threats from expanding. 9-11 and the recent bombings in England should be reminder enought that there is much work to be done in eliminating the treats that are out there.
    You wanted the best, you got the best...

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What do you Think?

    Why was this thread changed to say this war about religion? Just because the Islamic extremist use the Quran as their reason against us does not mean that the war is against Christians. They are also killing their own Islamic brothers and sisters just because they choose to be American. These people hate everyone who does not conform to their beliefs.
    Would you be happy if we pull out of the war tomorrow and tell all of the family's that we are no longer your friend, and that we don't care if your family's are slaughtered. Some people I guess forget that we are supposed to care about others. Just my 2 cents.
    crack is whack

  5. #5
    Inactive Member DukeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2004
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What do you Think?

    Call me a redneck if you want, its a badge I wear with honor. As for the islamic radicals out there that wish Americans harm, they can go straight to hell with a bullet between their eyes. I have no forgiveness for them and thats my right.

  6. #6
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: What do you Think?

    GOD BLESS THE USA AND MAY THE ISLAMIC TERRORISTS GET WHAT THEY DESERVE.

    I was referring to the statement, GOD BLESS THE USA, maybe I was to quick to assume it was made by a Christian, maybe they are Jewish or Hindu, but I do think it was more by someone of the Christian faith. Thats why I mentioned the forgivness point.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What do you Think?

    good post, but i thought zealots were extremeist jews? that basically became extinct back around the 1st century thanks in large part to the Roman Empire.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What do you Think?

    Right on Teach. GREAT post.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  9. #9
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: What do you Think?

    Not trying to start an argument, but isnt it the basis of Christian beliefs, to forgive?
    Should we not forgive and pray for them along with their souls?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What do you Think?

    Yes black you're right...problem is that most people around here have heard Toby Keith sing "We'll put a boot in your a$$, it's the American way" one too many times...too much macho redneck mentality to fight until you've lost too much. Standing up and fighting for what's right is the correct thing to do, not just blindly staying and fighting until you realize you're incurring more damage than you are helping the country out.

    In summary, patriotism and nationalism is awesome. BLIND patriotism and nationalism is dangerous to us all.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •